Norwex Mattress Cleaner Spray Review
Norwex Mattress Cleaner spray is a unique enzyme-based formula that works by removing organic materials from your mattress or sheets.
It contains live bacteria in the dormant stage.
When there is a good source of organic matter for them to feed on and other growing conditions, they become activated and will begin to grow.
In order to eat, they produce enzymes that break down dust mite fecal matter, dead skin cells and most organic matter that cause odor and nasal irritations.
Once the bacteria in the spray have eaten all the organic matter on your bed or any surface the mattress cleaner spray is applied to, they crumble to carbon dioxide and water, leaving no harmful residues behind.
How does Norwex Mattress Cleaner Spray work?
The Mattress Cleaner does not directly kill dust mites as it is not a pesticide or contain any harmful chemicals.
It works by depriving the dust mites of food and thus starving them. The enzyme also is broken down to carbon dioxide and water so it is completely safe.
The Mattress Spray is made up of water, denatured alcohol, menthol, citric acid and other compounds in trace amount which help to keep the bacteria alive in the solution.
The micro-organisms in the spray are also not modified genetically in any way, are non-pathogenic and naturally occurring.
The spray is neutral in pH and does not contain any Paraben compounds. It is not flammable and the container is recyclable and environmentally friendly.
Uses of Norwex Mattress Cleaner Spray
The Norwex Mattress Cleaner spray can remove odor from organic sources like urine of pets and humans from surfaces such as mattresses, beds, pillows, comforters and upholstery.
It also works very well to remove odor from carpets and different fabric. The Cleaner Spray can be used anywhere organic matter accumulates such as vehicle seats, pillows and even fluffy toys.
Norwex Mattress Cleaner Spray reduces airborne organic particles that cause breathing issues, throat irritations and allergic reactions.
Applying the spray to beddings and mattress every three months is usually enough to reduce symptoms drastically.
By applying it on your mattress, it will reduce dust, microscopic organic particles and irritating. It also deep cleans soft surfaces and helps remove body oils and other organic allergens.
It does not leave any stain or visible remains on surfaces or fabric that it is applied on. You can also use the Cleaning Spray on fabric such as cotton, polyester and even rayon.
There are some advantages that Norwex Mattress Cleaner Spray has over similar products in the same category.
- It is very safe for children and pets because the ingredients are mostly naturally occurring
- It contains no harmful chemicals. It also does not contain any acids, solvents or alkalis
- It is environmentally friendly also as all the bacteria in it are natural and the enzymes that gives its cleaning properties eventually break down into water and carbon dioxide
- You only need to spray approximately 3-6 times for a twin mattress and up to 12 sprays for a king size bed. 1-2 sprays are usually sufficient for stuffed animals and small toys
- You only need to spray your mattress 2-4 times in a year as it maintains its potency
- You don’t need to vacuum your mattress before spraying, simply use on the mattress surface and bedding and it works!
- The bacteria in the Mattress Spray can survive at room temperature so there is no temperature requirement
There are few cons of the Norwex Mattress Cleaner Spray when compared to other brands.
- It does not kill dust mites and so you should keep respraying over time
- It works best on absorbent surfaces and so it is meant for use on non-absorbent mattresses with plastic covers such as crib mattresses or products made of Memory Foam which is a popular type of mattress used nowadays
- It also cannot be used on silk, leather, chiffon or wool surfaces
- Other similar brands offer free shipping of their products so they tend to be cheaper
Norwex Mattress Cleaner is an effective way of keeping mattresses free of organic matter from dust mites.
It is very helpful in keeping mattresses and other surfaces smelling fresh and allergen free.
However, it does not kill the dust mites and you need to spray again and again.
So after a long research, I found a better product that kills dust mites, bed bugs and lice.
It called “Premo Guard Bed Bug, Lice & Mite killer spray” and for now it’s the nest seller on the category, and I’m using it personally. This product has all the pros above plus much more.
Even though you cannot visually see the results of the spray, you would notice a reduction in allergy and asthma incidents after using the product.
It’s a chemical free natural insecticide produced by a team of top entomologists which makes it very suitable for pet owners and house with kids.
It is very convenient and easy to apply. It can be easily packed in a travel bag and sprayed on hotel mattresses or camp beds to reduce allergens.
It made from non-toxic & natural ingredients and still produce the necessary results!
Sorry about that but I’ve got to be honest with you, and for me it’s much better than the Norwex spray.