Best Essential Oil Diffusers for Asthma
Updated: December 5, 2018
Suffering from asthma can be difficult, as there is no known cure. However, many have praised the healing and soothing effects of essential oils for asthma.
Have you ever enjoyed the aroma of a rose? If so, you have experienced what essential oils are like.
Essential oils come from plants and are highly concentrated versions of the plants’ natural oils. The oils take on the characteristics of the plants, both the smell and any of the plants’ characteristics.
When purchasing oils, you can opt for a single oil from a particular plant or oil blends, which combine oils to produce a certain effect. Essential oils increase energy, improve health and improve sleep.
Once you have decided to use essential oils, you might want to try an essential oil diffuser. These units disperse essential oils into the atmosphere so you can better experience their healing and therapeutic properties.
Essential oil diffusers range in type and price, so there are many available to choose from.
- 1. InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- 2. URPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser
- 3. Radha Beauty Essential Oil Diffuser
- 4. VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser
- 5. InnoGear Real Bamboo Essential Oil Diffuser
- Suggested oils for those suffering from Asthma
- Final Verdict
Quick Comparison: 5 Best Essential Oil Diffusers for Asthma
Things to consider before purchasing
Please be aware that Essential Oils contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Although these oils are natural, they can increase asthma symptoms to some asthmatic people. Therefore, patients with asthma should consult their doctor when using diffused oils.
1. InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
The InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser humidifies your home to help relieve dry or stuffy air and cleanses the air of germs that can lead to the flu or a cold.
It also eliminates dust and other causes of allergies. If your skin gets dry and chapped in the winter, this diffuser will prevent that.
This diffuser can relieve stress and help you get a good night’s sleep, and it works well to mask odors such as those from pets or smoking.
It has LED night lights in seven different colors to help you set the perfect mood. It also has a whisper quiet feature and turns itself off automatically.
- Since no heat is used, it is safe for children and pets.
- There are no additives or fillers.
- It comes in popular scents.
- Instructions are not included.
- The oil diffuses faster than the water evaporates.
- Users report that the unit does not have a long life.
The InnoGear Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser is a good unit that will get the job done; however, it may not last as long as some other diffusers.
2. URPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser
The URPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser is an upgraded version of the original and, therefore, produces more mist.
It includes seven changing lamps and will automatically shut off once the water runs out. The whisper-quiet unit allows for a restful night’s sleep.
This diffuser will add oxygen and essential oils to freshen the air and eliminate odor.
Dry weather can cause dry, chapped skin, sinus difficulties, nose bleeds, bronchitis, etc. but this diffuser can help with these issues.
- Freshens the air for up to 6 hours
- No filter required
- Harmful chemicals aren’t released
- The oil diffuses quickly.
- Extra oil must be used to fully experience the fragrance.
- The light is very bright and may interfere with sleep.
The URPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser is a good unit for the job intended, though some people are unhappy with the bright light and extra oil that must be used.
3. Radha Beauty Essential Oil Diffuser
The Radha Beauty Essential Oil Diffuser unit diffuses ultrasonic waves to vaporize the oil and water, which produces a cool, fragrant mist.
It automatically shuts off when the water level gets too low and has an LED lamp that can rotate seven different colors.
- The moisture outlet is easy to adjust.
- The unit has a 100ml capacity.
- Can switch between intermittent and steady flow.
- Only runs for a few hours before shutting off
- No way to adjust the bright “on” indicator
- Beeps loudly when turned off, interrupting sleep
The Radha Beauty Essential Oil Diffuser is an attractive unit that can disperse oils using ultrasonic waves. Some people complain about the bright lights and loud beeping that can interrupt sleep.
4. VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser
The VicTsing 300ml Cool Mist Humidifier has an outer shell coated with wood grain. Its unique, portable design allows flexibility, and the cap is very easy to take off.
The unit dispenses a fine mist that will help ease chapped skin in the winter. The adjustable LED light comes in seven colors that can be interchanged, and each color can be bright or dim.
- Very aesthetic and blends in well with surroundings
- Runs for up to 10 hours
- Very quiet, so won’t disrupt your rest
- The fan makes excessive noise.
- The outer finish may begin to peel.
- The unit must repeatedly be filled with water.
The VicTsing 300ml Cool Mist Humidifier is a beautiful unit that does a good job dispensing oils. Even though the word “humidifier” is in the name, its main function is as a diffuser. It has a higher capacity and lasts longer than the other diffusers reviewed.
5. InnoGear Real Bamboo Essential Oil Diffuser
The InnoGear Real Bamboo Essential Oil Diffuser’s outer shell is naturally crafted from exotic bamboo wood. It is BPA free and made from safe materials that won’t damage your health.
The unit boasts seven-color LED lights that fade in and out and can cycle through various colors. It has four different mist modes to ensure you can adjust the mist to your liking.
- Encased in a natural bamboo outer shell
- 160ml water capacity
- Lasts 7 to 8 hours
- Mist and smell aren’t long-lasting
- Visually appealing
- Noisy at night
The InnoGear Real Bamboo Essential Oil Diffuser is a beautiful unit crafted from bamboo wood. It has various mist modes and lasts longer than many other diffusers.
Suggested oils for those suffering from Asthma
Asthma causes inflammation of the airways, which lead to symptoms such as difficulty breathing, tightening of the chest and wheezing. Essential oils diffused into the air can ease these symptoms. The oils known to help those suffering from asthma include the following:
- Lavender – Most popular and known for its relaxing properties. It helps fight inflammation and the accompanying breathing problems.
- Eucalyptus – Breaks up phlegm and mucous, which improves breathing by clearing the airways.
- Peppermint – Acts as a natural antihistamine and decongestant, keeping the airways open to enhance breathing.
- Chamomile – Relieves muscle contractions that can restrict swollen airways, which helps improve breathing.
- Tea tree – Helps break up mucous that blocks the airways, allowing easier breathing.
- Clove – Helps reduce inflammation, aids in breathing and reduces muscle spasms.
As always, check with your doctor before using any new oils, as some of these may interfere with your asthma rather than alleviate the symptoms.
All of the diffusers reviewed are great products, depending on what you are looking for. All have their pros and cons. For example, all had complaints of too much noise, fragrance running out too fast and too bright lights.
On the other hand, many people love these units and feel that they do what they are supposed to do. They are soothing, visually appealing, and adequately disperse essential oils.
So, do any of the products stand out? The InnoGear Real Bamboo Essential Oil Diffuser and VicTsing 300ml Cool Mist Humidifier seem to be the best value for the money. Length of time for the mist and aromas are very important for users of these products.
Both units have a higher capacity than the others, with InnoGear at 160ml and VicTsing at 300ml. Because of their higher capacity, they last longer than the others. InnoGear can last for up to 16 hours and VicTsing can last for up to 10 hours.
In addition, both are visually pleasing, meaning you won’t need to hide them out of site because they blend in nicely with the surroundings. InnoGear has an outer bamboo coating and VicTsing has a wood grain outer coating.
Purchasers of either unit will enjoy the relaxing aroma of their essential oils and the attractive ambiance they add to any room.